A brief bit of legalese for my fellow writers
To ensure a safe environment is provided for all participants, and to keep the registration process running as smoothly as possible, the following terms & conditions apply to all Start Writing sessions.
Purchases and refunds
- Workshop seats are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Workshop seats are non-transferable.
- A full refund will be granted up to five (5) days in advance of the first workshop session or ten (10) days in advance of a workshop audit. Refunds will not be issued past this deadline.
- Refunds or credits are not provided for missed weeks.
Eligibility and electronics
- Workshops are offered to adult writers 17+. No prior writing experience required.
- You are expected to write by hand during in-group writing exercises. If you are physically unable to write by hand, the use of electronic devices is permitted.
- U of T does not allow non-service animals in their classrooms. With regrets, Milo and other pooches are not able to join us.
- As facilitator, it is my primary job to provide a safe environment for all participants. In the event that a participant is unwilling or unable to follow workshop guidelines, they may be asked to leave and may forfeit their workshop fee.