The submission box is open for the next Start Writing anthology. Box closes March 16, 2020.
After a brief hiatus, the Start Writing Annual returns for edition #4. This print and digital anthology features original works that got their start in my workshops. If you’ve taken part in Writers Boot Camp, The Novel or 10 Self-Portraits in 2019, you’re eligible to submit.
Here’s some general guidelines:
- fiction, memoir & comics are welcome
- prose submissions should be 3,000 words or less
- no minimum word count
- poets: please submit 1-3 pieces
- Word, Pages and PDFs only
- submission deadline March 16, 2020
- if your piece is accepted, please be open to some editorial back and forth prior to publication
- you must have taken one of my workshops in 2019 or your submission will be declined without comment
All featured writers will receive two hard copies of the print edition. Additional copies will be available for purchase at cost. As with previous years, we’ll celebrate production with a brilliant launch event sometime between late Summer and Fall.
How to submit
Send your piece(s) via email to email@example.com.