The submission box is open for the 2018 Start Writing anthology. If you’ve taken one of my workshops over the past year you’re invited to share an original piece for consideration. Deadline is Jan. 31st, 2018.
The Start Writing Annual is a print & digital anthology of original pieces that got their start in my workshops. I like to describe this project as a celebration: firstly for my love of books, and as an opportunity for writers to share some of their work with the world. If you’ve taken part in Writers’ Boot Camp, The Novel, 10 Self-Portraits or The Finishers in 2017, you’re eligible to submit.
The 2016 and 2017 annuals are available in a free digital edition. Get your copies at the iBookstore (any day now) or Lulu to see what made the cut in previous years, and then submit something of your own.
Here’s some general guidelines:
- fiction, memoir, & comics are welcome
- prose submissions should be 3,000 words or less
- no minimum word count
- poets: please submit 1-3 pieces
- submission deadline is Jan. 31st, 2018
- share your piece(s) via email with me at email@example.com
- if your piece is accepted, be prepared for some editorial back and forth prior to publication
- you must have taken one of my workshops in 2017 or your submission will be declined without comment
All featured writers will receive two hard copies of the print edition. Additional copies will be available for purchase at cost. As with last year, we’ll celebrate production of the annual with a brilliant launch event downtown, sometime between late Summer and Fall.
If you’re an illustrator / visual artist and want to take on cover art duties, great! Let’s chat.