The submission box is open for the 2017 Start Writing anthology. If you’ve taken one of my workshops over the past year you’re invited to share a story, poem or comic for possible inclusion. ** Deadline extended to February 15, 2017. **
Anybody Want to Go First? was the title for the 2016 Start Writing Annual. That phrase is my standard gambit after a workshop exercise; an invitation for people to share their work. Through print and digital editions of the anthology, I wanted to celebrate this process with the world at large.
It worked. Last year’s project was a big hit and it’s time to start prepping the 2017 Annual. I’ve given it the somewhat obvious yet still-delightful working title of Anybody Want to go Next?
If you’re taken part in Writers’ Boot Camp, The Novel, 10 Self-Portraits or The Finishers in 2016, you’re eligible to submit.
- fiction, poetry & comics are welcome
- no minimum word count
- nothing longer than 3,000 words, please
- submission deadline is Feb. 15th, 2017
- share your piece(s) via email with me at email@example.com
- if your piece is accepted, be prepared for some editorial back and forth prior to publication
- you must have taken one of my workshops in 2016 or your submission will be declined without comment
All featured writers will receive two hard copies of the Annual. Additional copies will be available for purchase at cost.
If you’re an illustrator / visual artist and want to take on cover art duties, great! I’d be happy to chat. As with last year, we’ll celebrate production of the annual with a launch event downtown, sometime between late Spring and Summer.
So. Who wants to go next?